3M/1W, Flexible Set, 100 minutes, two acts
Moving and disturbing, this play tells the story of a husband and wife trying to recover from the mysterious disappearance of their son several years before. When an enigmatic young visitor comes to town old questions become new again as the characters attempt to find closure in a world where uncertainties always linger.
“Sometimes bad things happen for reasons no one can explain…but the unsolved mysteries aren’t the crux of the play. Rather they serve as a springboard for the playwright to explore the way we humans cope with the uncertain nature of the world…[Stolowitz] is a writer who seems to dislike taking the easy way out…Seascapes is sure to be one of the most thought provoking plays staged in Roanoke this year.”
– Beth Jones, The Roanoke Times
- Reading, Edgemar Center for the Arts, Santa Monica, CA. 2005. With Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) and Jason Alexander (Seinfeld).
- Production, Asylum Theater, Las Vegas, NV. 2004.
- Production, Mill Mt. Theater, Roanoke, VA. 2004.
- Workshop, Women at the Door Festival, Chicago. 2003.
- Reading, Burning Coal Theater Series. Raleigh, NC. 2003.
- Winner New Play Contest, Asylum Theater, 2004.
- Winner Mill Mountain Theater New Play Prize.
- Finalist, O’Neill National Playwrights Conference, 2003.
- Finalist for PlayLabs. Playwrights Center, Minneapolis. 2002.