“I love Andrea’s voice. It is elegant, and profound, and unlike any I’ve heard before.”
Lydia R. Diamond, Playwright, Oregon Book Award Judge.
“In January 2011, Artists Repertory Theatre invited playwrights from across the county to submit their ideas for the now-named Fowler/Levin Prize….Andrea Stolowitz’s play concept was the unanimous choice by the artistic leadership at the theatre. Andrea is an amazingly gifted playwright whose work I have long admired and I look forward to this new play with great excitement and anticipation!”
Allen Nause, Producing Artistic Director, Artists Repertory Theater
“Stolowitz’s Antarktikos will continue to haunt its viewers long after a performance of it ends.”
H.L. Hix, Oregon Literary Arts Drama Fellowship Judge
“Stolowitz rises impressively to the occasion, with her unerring ear, depth of insight, and flair for humor and drama. ”
Pat Launer, KPBS, a broadcast service of San Diego University
“[Stolowitz] is a writer who seems to dislike taking the easy way out”
Beth Jones, The Roanoke Times
“Part of the strength of…Andrea Stolowitz’s [work] is the playwright’s brave refusal to sugarcoat the issues and tough decisions ”
Paul Hodgins, The Orange Country Register
“Stolowitz is a gem.”
Charlene Baldridge, sdtheatrescene.com
“Whether she posits a play in a former Soviet Bloc nation, as in Hotel Traumbad, or the American deserts of Bad Family and the upcoming Ithaka, or even the out-of-time confessions from Tales of Doomed Love, Andrea’s characters thrive in blasted heaths of the imagination—those liminal Arden Forests where transformation and sometimes even transfiguration takes place.”
Mead Hunter, Artistic Director New Harmony Project
Profiles & Interviews
- A lovely video made by UCSD TV around the opening of my first major world premiere, Knowing Cairo at the Old Globe Theater in 2003.
- A splendid article from the San Diego Union Tribune from 2003 about the opening of Knowing Cairo and the birth of Leo Anselm Illing.
- A radio interview with me and Rose Riordan around the time of the JAW festival at Portland Center Stage in 2009.
- This is an interview by the venerable Adam Szymkowicz from 2010.
- Mead Hunter Interviews me about ANTARKTIKOS. 2011.
- And now for something completely different; me interviewing Emily Mann in 2011!
- A small post from Literary Arts about me from 2012.
- Some words from Hedgebrook. Also from 2012.
- An interview at Willamette University where I teach from 2012.
- A video interview about me and Antarktikos at Pittsburgh Playhouse. 2013.
- A radio segment about Ithaka. 2013.